Thursday, August 18, 2011

never ending scarf

Ok.... so I was looking for "infinity scarf" patterns and tutorials and I didn't see anything I liked, so I modified the basic idea in just a few steps. Here it is...

Step 1
I used a light weight cotton fabric which I didn't think would hang nice but turns out it works perfect, just don't miss my step 3!! I also tried it with a jersey material and I REALLY liked it!
Obviously play with the length and width, you can make it longer and fold it around for a more full scarf.

 Step 2
Fold together from both sides towards the middle at the ends and sew....

Step 3
When both ends are sewn, match together creating a loop... (For a nice hang, TWIST the fabric a few times in the middle) matching together the ends, nice side in and crappy side out. I sewed about a 1/2 an inch in loosing some lenght but making  a nice solid line and then trimming along the new stitch and getting rid of the crap from step 2.



The finished product will have a nice gathering at the back and will hang nicely, giving you the ability to use more types of fabric. I suggest a really light weight cotton, linnen or jersey.

BY THE WAY I am no seamstress, I have NEVER taken a sewing class, oh wait that's a lie... I did in Jr High School but I don't think that counts?! I can't follow a pattern to save my life, but I would have a better chance at it by looking at pictures. My point is that I mess up A LOT. I always learn the hard way, mostly because I don't follow direction, and I'm not just talking about sewing!!! At least
 when you learn this way you almost never do it wrong again!

HAVE FUN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment