Monday, March 26, 2012

I wan to be a pioneer woman when I grow up...

ok... so being a house "fiance", mom, and student is actually turning out to be so much fun! I love cooking and of course cleaning and taking care of things around the home. The only thing I could really do without is folding clothes!  Tonight I am making oven fried chicken. I'm learning the cooking thing one day at a time (with a lot of phone calls to my mom, grandma and sister!). I made bbq salmon the other night and it was a big hit! Wyatt had 2 adult sized pieces, Doug and  my friend Kat loved it.

I called my mom from the grocery store the other day literally in tears! I've been grocery shopping before, but I've never been grocery shopping to feed an entire family on a budget. Living with my mom totally spoiled me. When I lived on my own I in all honesty thought grocery shopping was buying frozen meals from Trader Joes and fruit and on my nights off from "cooking" going through the Del Taco drive through... Oh how different the single life was. This is a lot more fun I have to admit! 
We worked in the yard yesterday before the storm hit. Doug had his daughter Natalie so Wyatt and her played while we pulled weeds. These are some of the roses, they are all in full bloom and so pretty!

We went to my mom's house for dinner and she made the all time best meal ever. It was so much fun hanging out with the family, the kids had so much fun too and Oliver and Wy were insane!
Ok so the meal was hands down THE BEST MEAL EVER!!! My mom just bought the pioneer woman's new cookbook and made pulled pork sandwiches and macaroni and cheese which was the most amazing thing I have ever tasted! The book is amazing I want this woman's life. 

it's time to enjoy my cocktail before Wy wakes up and before I start cooking dinner :)
non alcoholic.... OF COURSE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment